What software to edit songs?

y i k e s

Spread the love, keep it wavy. <3
Donator
May 20, 2018
Philadelphia, PA
I use Audacity for all my edits, it may not be perfect but it's free and has some really good features for accurate transitions

XannyCage

Legendary
Apr 17, 2019
Audacity is free and quick to set up, but I prefer using a pirated copy of Adobe Audition. It's a lot cleaner and easier to learn, and has a lot of advanced features like auto smoothing between two tracks.

Really easy to use it to cut out shitty verses or splice leaks together in a professional sounding manner, I always found audacity too confusing and lacking in auto features that just do shit for you.

Audacity is like the GIMP of photo editing, and Audition is like photoshop.

Don't use FL studio unless you're making new sounds/music, you can just do a multi track in audacity or audition.
been trying to learn adobe audition..did you just use YT tutorials to learn how to do stuff? or learn on your own, etc.

reggeyolo

Stan
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
been trying to learn adobe audition..did you just use YT tutorials to learn how to do stuff? or learn on your own, etc.
nah yo i just picked it up from playing with tracks it's really easy, you just cut shit out and then play with the transition to get it smooth. select a transition between two cuts and right click, theres an auto smooth option, and you can slow down, speed up or make louder or quieter certian portions of the song to fit the others. Honestly just play with it for 20 mins use every button and option you can find and figure out what they do, its way easier to learn than audicity imo.

XannyCage

Legendary
Apr 17, 2019
nah yo i just picked it up from playing with tracks it's really easy, you just cut shit out and then play with the transition to get it smooth. select a transition between two cuts and right click, theres an auto smooth option, and you can slow down, speed up or make louder or quieter certian portions of the song to fit the others. Honestly just play with it for 20 mins use every button and option you can find and figure out what they do, its way easier to learn than audicity imo.
dam fr? shit. only used it bc its REAL nice for getting clear voices on ppl. fine tuning and all, gonna tinker with it more now plus i think my audacity free version may be broken LOL

Reactions: reggeyolo

reggeyolo

Stan
BANNED
Aug 30, 2019
dam fr? shit. only used it bc its REAL nice for getting clear voices on ppl. fine tuning and all, gonna tinker with it more now plus i think my audacity free version may be broken LOL
oh yea and play w/ multi tracks on audition too, they're dank. you do file, new, multitrack.

• rt
Reactions: XannyCage