DISCUSSION Rappers that make music you enjoy, but are horrible performers

TotallyNotBen

Nov 2, 2018
I’ve been to a fairly decent amount of concerts over the years, mostly hip-hop. I experienced something and I was wondering if you guys have too: have you ever enjoyed an artists music, only to see them perform it live and you realize how important editing is because they’re horrible live? Or, they perform their music well but, they have horrible stage prescence?

I most recently experienced something like this with NF. I went to his concert the other week andI enjoyed how he performed his songs but his stage prescence was complete ass. He talked to the crowd maybe once, didn’t even seem happy to be there, and didn’t even know what STATE he was in! It’s small stuff but it just ruined the whole vibe of the concert.

On artists not being able to perform their songs well live I ran into this the worst with Lil Wayne. To be fair the concert was pre-Carter V during that long hiatus where he didn’t drop any projects so he just played all his old shit. But it was just HORRIBLE. You couldn’t understand a single word the man said. Another time I experienced this super recently was at a Young Thug concert. I went because I see the massive hard on the people get when his name is even mentioned on this site so I figured I’d give his music a chance. I should’ve given the money I spent on the tickets to a homeless person so he could buy more fentanyl because I would’ve gotten more enjoyment out of that. He was a combo of both where not only did he not want to be there, you also couldn’t understand anything he said. On top of that he barely even said of the words to the song he just walked around while his lyrics played through the speakers with the beat.

Do you think that modern hip-hop falls victim to this more because any braindead gang member can get famous just by talking about drugs and sex on a beat they didn’t even create and get famous over it?

TotallyNotBen

Nov 2, 2018
oh just realized this is supposed to be rap related which she's not
lack of energy and wasn't very good with pitch lmao
I didn’t really intent to only talk about rap but that is the only genre of concert that I’ve been to so that’s all I can really speak on

TotallyNotBen

Nov 2, 2018
trippie, his voice is awful live. like nails on chalk board bad
You definitely got that right. I went to his concert a year ago only because my friend wanted to but I actually enjoyed it the energy at some points was cool. The crowd went crazy when he played dark Knight Dummo

elemenno

Stan
Aug 30, 2018
French Montana barely did the adlibs to his own hits + did karaoke to some Pac/Big stuff .. thank god he was only opening for The Weeknd

TotallyNotBen

Nov 2, 2018
French Montana barely did the adlibs to his own hits + did karaoke to some Pac/Big stuff .. thank god he was only opening for The Weeknd
Openers are ass 99% of the time for some reason. Even if they’re somewhat big/relevant artists too. Only time I’ve seen that be false is Joey bada$$ on Logic’s tour