Basketball NBA Megathread

Joelk2003

CaptainSaveAHoe!
Silver
Feb 18, 2020

Honestly proud of Melo man, he was on the verge of not being back in the league and everyone though he was an outcast, I think it’s pretty clear dude still has game I’m glad he proved his worth while proving everyone wrong🙌

Reactions: az123

az123

Legendary
Author
Aug 18, 2019

Honestly proud of Melo man, he was on the verge of not being back in the league and everyone though he was an outcast, I think it’s pretty clear dude still has game I’m glad he proved his worth while proving everyone wrong🙌
Ik. After the whole 2018-2019 incidents, it’s good to see him back in the league succeeding

• rt
Reactions: Joelk2003

Joelk2003

CaptainSaveAHoe!
Silver
Feb 18, 2020
Ainge took a big L here, he was too greedy after getting an already good offer and ended with nothing
On god bro, they offered Turner and McDermott, I'm so depressed that Hayward walked away and we get nothing in return, and we still don't have a quality big man to show for it, I'm excited for the leaps that Brown and Tatum make, and the new rookies Nesmith and Pritchard, but I think we're setting ourselves for failure with Kemba's contract so I think we need to get rid of him soon too sadly even tho I really love his personality and charisma

Reactions: rs22 and az123

Squirtle

Water Type - From Kanto Region
God
Verified
VIP
Groupbuys
Apr 7, 2020
We got Tristian Thompson, whoopty fucking doo :bron:, it’s better than nothing tho
thats a big deal for us, solid defender, amazing rebounder. We have had neither of those down low, also gives somebody who can help develop Rob a little. Teague also a fantastic upgrade over Wanamaker. Our biggest issue more than anything was bench depth and now we've addressed big issues and backup issues. Also still possible we could get Miles Bridges or Monk in a S&T. Not as flashy as a Myles Turner trade would have been but assuming that we're done (which I doubt we are) this is easily a B to a B+ offseason for us. We are a better team than we were which is the goal in the offseason

Joelk2003

CaptainSaveAHoe!
Silver
Feb 18, 2020
thats a big deal for us, solid defender, amazing rebounder. We have had neither of those down low, also gives somebody who can help develop Rob a little. Teague also a fantastic upgrade over Wanamaker. Our biggest issue more than anything was bench depth and now we've addressed big issues and backup issues. Also still possible we could get Miles Bridges or Monk in a S&T. Not as flashy as a Myles Turner trade would have been but assuming that we're done (which I doubt we are) this is easily a B to a B+ offseason for us. We are a better team than we were which is the goal in the offseason
Yeah true, better than Theis lmao, he had a decent season with the Cavs, and I think Rob could develop into a really solid player he can really fly high and get some great slams and he’s an amazing shot blocker, he was really productive in the bubble, but you couldn’t be more right our bench production is lacking severely, but I can’t wait for Tatums and Browns progress I think they are really gonna step it up a notch from last season, but I’m so sad that the Turner deal fell through I think he would’ve been a really great fit, but I just want the Celtics to go over the hump and actually get past the eastern conference finals, also you think the Celtics should keep Kemba or naw? Cuz I know they made a trade offer with him

Squirtle

Water Type - From Kanto Region
God
Verified
VIP
Groupbuys
Apr 7, 2020
Yeah true, better than Theis lmao, he had a decent season with the Cavs, and I think Rob could develop into a really solid player he can really fly high and get some great slams and he’s an amazing shot blocker, he was really productive in the bubble, but you couldn’t be more right our bench production is lacking severely, but I can’t wait for Tatums and Browns progress I think they are really gonna step it up a notch from last season, but I’m so sad that the Turner deal fell through I think he would’ve been a really great fit, but I just want the Celtics to go over the hump and actually get past the eastern conference finals, also you think the Celtics should keep Kemba or naw? Cuz I know they made a trade offer with him
idk if im buying that we actually offered him, I definitely think we need to keep him. Without a doubt Jaylen and Jayson are our stars, and we and other teams in the past have proven adding more than 3 stars just usually leads to issues. Kemba can provide us everything we need at the point and still let JB and JT shine, what we need is complimentary pieces honestly. Like if you look at the 2008-2013 team it was plugging guys like Posey, Eddie House, Tony Allen, Jason Terry, etc etc etc that made those teams shine. We didn't need Paul, KG, Ray, and Rondo to go insane every single game because we had vets/other guys off the bench that were contributing solid. Tristan is going to give almost what we got from Perk which is what we need and we really just needed to get solid contributions off the bench that we can rely on. Theis will be great to pair with Rob on the bench cause they compliment each other well, and Teague provides some great playmaking and is a more consistent shooter than Brad was, at this point we gotta rely on Nesmith and maybe Romeo for some scoring on the bench and even that is gonna be more consistent than what we had last year. Also like I said we don't know if a S&T is coming, possibly Malik Monk?? that would make this an A- to an A offseason if we were able to dump Semi in the S&T for Gordo and get Malik back

Joelk2003

CaptainSaveAHoe!
Silver
Feb 18, 2020
idk if im buying that we actually offered him, I definitely think we need to keep him. Without a doubt Jaylen and Jayson are our stars, and we and other teams in the past have proven adding more than 3 stars just usually leads to issues. Kemba can provide us everything we need at the point and still let JB and JT shine, what we need is complimentary pieces honestly. Like if you look at the 2008-2013 team it was plugging guys like Posey, Eddie House, Tony Allen, Jason Terry, etc etc etc that made those teams shine. We didn't need Paul, KG, Ray, and Rondo to go insane every single game because we had vets/other guys off the bench that were contributing solid. Tristan is going to give almost what we got from Perk which is what we need and we really just needed to get solid contributions off the bench that we can rely on. Theis will be great to pair with Rob on the bench cause they compliment each other well, and Teague provides some great playmaking and is a more consistent shooter than Brad was, at this point we gotta rely on Nesmith and maybe Romeo for some scoring on the bench and even that is gonna be more consistent than what we had last year. Also like I said we don't know if a S&T is coming, possibly Malik Monk?? that would make this an A- to an A offseason if we were able to dump Semi in the S&T for Gordo and get Malik back
Man you speaking nothing but fax, I’m actually really excited for our draft picks, Nesmith seems like a lights out shooter, and I watched his highlights and he really seemed like a poised shooter and his release is fucking butter, I don’t know much about Pritchard but I know he’s a workhorse so I feel like that’s a type of player Brad would love to work with, and honestly if Tatum, Brown, Smart, and Walker can keep up a great level of play, and we actually get production off the bench, I think we’re setting ourselves for greatness, also we need to get better at closing games, I don’t know if you notice this, but I feel like everytime the Celtics get a lead I always hope and pray the other team doesn’t manage to come back, I feel like that’s something we really need to work on, also r.i.p to Tommy Heinson, watching Celtics games aren’t gonna be same without him, dude always had some of the best commentary, also I’m not like totally sold on Romeo, dude is super young and he definitely needs a couple years to prove himself but watching him, I don’t think is offense is polished and didnt really establish his shooting, but his defense is really great, even before he got all the hype I wanted Herro really badly before Miami snatched him up :reallysad:

Joelk2003

CaptainSaveAHoe!
Silver
Feb 18, 2020
But more importantly than anything, I just hate how short the Celtics come up every year, I feel like there were so many great opportunities of making the finals and possibly winning it, and I think if we made the finals in the bubble that would’ve been our best chance, I just don’t know how we wouldn’t dealt with Anthony Davis who is undoubtedly the best big in the game right now

Reactions: az123

Joelk2003

CaptainSaveAHoe!
Silver
Feb 18, 2020
He reunited with Kawhi at least
Yeah I watched the cooking series with Serge on Youtube and they seem like really good friends, but man Clippers and Lakers are doing the most to bolster up their rosters, on paper they looking better than last year in some ways