Leaks of the Week (September 29th - October 5th)

What was the Leak of the Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
leakoftheweek2.png

Welcome to Leaks of the Week, where we take a look at some of the best songs that have leaked and break them down.
Leave a vote for your favorite leak on the poll above.

kanye-west-smile-aug-9-2018-billboard-u-1548.jpg

1. Kanye West - City In The Sky/Sky City (feat. 070 Shake, Ty Dolla $ign, Kid Cudi, Desiigner & The-Dream)
Leaker: @Travis Scott
Link: City In The Sky/Sky City
Info: 2018
Notable Bar:
"I'm building a building where children can lobby
So we can make billions from building a hobby"

One of the few songs we were missing from the original Yandhi tracklist, this song shockingly leaked after a GB for it was completed without our knowledge that it was this song. This is a very nice song, featuring very melodic performances from Ty Dolla $ign, 070 Shake, Kid Cudi, Desiigner and The-Dream over a mellow instrumental alongside a more intense Kanye verse inbetween. This gets us one step closer to finishing that original Yandhi tracklist and allowing us to hear what Yandhi was meant to be back in 2018.

playboi-carti-fader.jpg

2. Playboi Carti - Whole Lotta Red (feat. MaddMaxx)
Leaker: @Red Pints
Link: WLR
Info: 2018/2019
Notable Bar:
"In the bag with your slatt, all red (Slatt)
Bentley coupe with a bitch all red, (Yeah)
In a coupe and the seats all red (Slime)"

First previewed in August with a CDQ snippet, this track has finally leaked. While clearly unfinished as it's only about a minute long, the track does show some promise with some catchy production from Maaly Raw and a, while short, quite nice verse from Carti. This track also features an unknown rapper called MaddMaxx who is most likely just laying down a reference verse for Carti on here. While I personally don't think it's amazing, I'm putting it on here because I know if I don't put this or Lobby in the Top 5, I can kiss my life goodbye.

ASAP+Rocky+2012+BET+Awards+Arrivals+59tOeu0zhCQl.jpg

3. A$AP Rocky - Perfect Sex
Leaker: @Yvng Uzi
Link: Perfect Sex
Info: 2012
Notable Bar:
"Fresh from out the state
Met a babe, with a pretty face
Swag from outer space
On the moon
How 'bout me and you when you go on a date
Watchu' say"

Purchased via a groupbuy, this song details Rocky's intimate relationship with an unnamed woman. Featuring mellow production with some moaning thrown in for good measure, Rocky spits some slow but nice bars over it. There's not much I can really say about this one, it's a pretty nice track from an artist who doesn't get leaked often. Just don't play this track when anyone else is around without headphones, I don't think that would turn out well.

big-sean-3.jpg

4. Big Sean - All The Time (feat. Kanye West)
Leaker: @overtaker
Link: All The Time
Info: 2015
Notable Bar:
"You got that hair long, I like that shit (Woah)
Titties hanging out, I like that shit (Woah)
Drama, I don't invite that shit
Text back, we really don't write that shit"

Leaked shortly after going on sale (sorry @maxyy), this track was recorded during early sessions for Sean's "Dark Sky Paradise" album. The track itself isn't anything special in particular, featuring some pretty basic production typical for Sean with two decent verses from him that, while not bad, aren't anything special either. Topped off with a Kanye hook that is actually pretty catchy, that's all there really is to this song. However, I still had to include this song on here due to the big collaboration this is.

mac-miller-2018-smile-u-billboard-1548.jpg

5. Mac Miller - Once A Day
Leaker: @velo
Link: Once A Day
Info: 2018(?)
Notable Bar:
"And everybody needs something
When they stuck on your mind
But every now and again they just getting by"

Out of the 4 Mac Leaks this week, I picked out this one as it it has the most value to Mac fans, having been played a piano version of it at the Celebration Of Life tribute concert. The song is very mellow and chill, using a spacey kind of instrumental while Mac sings over it. It's very similar to a lot of music Mac made during this time, but this song seems more pure to me. It's very basic, but very enjoyable which is why I put it in the Top 5.

Honorable Mentions:
Kanye West - Hurricane V2
Kanye West - Yikes (Demo)
Kanye West - Welcome To UCLA
Playboi Carti - Lobby
Mac Miller - Now That You Hear
Mac Miller - One And Only
Mac Miller - So It Goes (OG)
Juice WRLD - Better Off Alone
Juice WRLD - Eye Contact Mind Control
Juice WRLD - Nintendo
Juice WRLD - Stranger
Juice WRLD - That Sad Shit
6LACK - Elephant In The Room
PARTYNEXTDOOR - Hotel Lobby (Untagged)
Pi'erre Bourne - Mud (feat. Young Nudy)
Young Nudy - Real Nigga (feat. Lil Gotit)
HoodRich Pablo Juan - Harry Potter
Lil Durk - Blood In The Morning

Thank you all for this week full of leaks! @Leakify is going to be back for the next one, so be sure to watch out for that. This is also my first blog, so if y'all could post your thoughts below and give me feedback, that would be swell. Much love, have a good day.
:)

Last edited:

Comments