Leaks of the Week (June 31st - July 6th)

What was the Leak of the Week?

• Playboi Carti - RIP Yams

Votes: 72 36.2%
  • Lil Uzi Vert - Sticky

Votes: 81 40.7%
  • Young Thug - Flowers

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • Lil Wayne ft. Justin Timberlake - Light Up

Votes: 10 5.0%
  • Young Thug ft. Offset - Icey

Votes: 12 6.0%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 2 1.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to Leaks of the Week, where we take a look at some of the best songs that have leaked and break them down. Leave a vote for your favorite leak on the poll above.

1. Playboi Carti - Rip Yams
Leaker: @shynee (Sold by @PRIVATEFRIEND via GB)
Link:
Info: WLR Era (2018-2019)
Notable Bar:
"Big heartagram on the tattoo
All red suit like Deadpool
You paying for pussy, I don't pay, fool
Iced out wrist and it cost two
"

I'm not a huge Carti fan, but there's no denying that this song amassed over 18,000 views in under a week. On this song, Carti uses a high-pitched voice over a Pierre Bourne beat to dedicate this song to the late ASAP Yams.

2. Lil Uzi Vert - Sticky
Leaker: @Meliodas
Link:
Info: 2017
Notable Bar:
"Popped the Cosmo and the Wanda, I see Vicky
Lookin' in that mirror, man that shit is trippy
"

Out of all the leaks this week, this is my personal favorite and will likely get a lot of plays from me. This song is the definition of classic Uzi. Over a hard-hitting Don Cannon synth beat, Uzi's verses are filled with everything that makes his songs great. They feature Uzi both rapping and singing, and his classic humorous punchlines are present. As the file says, this is from December 2017 as part of an early version of Eternal Atake. Whether it ends up on the final version or not, this is an extremely promising look at what Eternal Atake could sound like.

3. Young Thug - Flowers
Leaker: @Thug_plug
Link:
Info: 2015
Notable Bar:
"These bitches stay bogus, but I'ma stay focused and focus
I fuck her, I fuck on her face, then I bust like a coconut
These niggas be bro-in' us, half of these niggas not knowin' us
They know they can't notice us 'cause these lil' bitches so low to us
"

There has been loads of Thug leaks lately, but this has to be my favorite Thug leak in quite a while. The beat is unique, Thug's flow is great, and the verses are filled with memorable lines. Everything comes together perfectly. The song sounds finished, and it is a shame that this is very unlikely to ever be released publicly.

4. Lil Wayne ft. Justin Timberlake - Light Up
Leaker: @Udontknowme
Link:
Info: 2014
Notable Bar:
"It go smell it like you buy it light, and hit it
Mix it with the hash, now we getting scientific
Psychedelic grass, I feel like the highest cricket
Just some pot, had weed stinking like a pot to piss in
"

This leak was probably the most surprising/interesting to hear. Light Up is from the original Tha Carter V tracklist from 2014, and has not been heard of since. This song features Justin Timberlake singing the intro and choruses, while Lil Wayne tells stories and experiences about smoking (hence the title). Lil Wayne leaks have been scarce recently, but with so many songs vaulted, it is definitely possible that more of the original Tha Carter V songs are out there.

5. Young Thug ft. Offset - Icey
Leakers: @Udontknowme and @Alek
Links:

Info: 2018
Notable Bar:
"My bitch at the top of the game (top)
I was drippin' in Dior in Spain (Dior)
Fucked my bitch in the back of Mulsanne (smash)
Took her right to the hood, to the gang (gang)"

As many know, Icey was released in 2018 as a solo Thug song. However, the versions that leaked feature Offset. First, a regular version featuring Offset was leaked by @Udontknowme . Shortly after, a rough demo version was leaked by @Alek. Shortly after that one, a final mix version was also leaked by @Alek. It was not worth separating them, as they are all very similar and roughly the same leak, so I grouped them together here. Offset's version is a pretty generic verse by him, and while I'm usually a huge fan of Offset (he's the best Migo obviously), it is understandable why this verse was cut from the final version. However, as with most leaks, it is still cool to see the original version(s) of the song that was released.

Honorable Mentions:

21 Savage ft. Young Thug - Whole Lot (OG) (Untagged)
Bryson Tiller & Future - Ima Be Alright Demo
Frank Ocean - Chanel (Unmastered Demo)
Juice Wrld - Dummy
Juice WRLD - Whistles
Kanye West - Free (demo)
Kid Cudi - Demons (Illusions OG)
Kid Cudi - Swim In The Light (OG)
Kid Cudi - Through the Late Night (demo)
Maxo Kream ft Travis Scott - EA (Mastered Final Mix)
Noname ft. Chance The Rapper - Restitution
Playboi Carti - No Time (OG)
Ski Mask The Slump God - Dub
Ski Mask The Slump God Ft. Fooly - Gucci Freestyle
Ski Mask The Slump God - Scottie
Smokepurpp - Hopscotch (V1)
Smokepurpp - Murda Smoke
The Dream - Rick Flair
The Weekend - Red Eye
The Weekend - Wanderlust Demo
Travis Scott - Butterfly Effect (demo)
Travis Scott - Carousel (OG) (Untagged)
Young Thug - Macarena Final Mix
Young Thug - Tell Me If You Need It

As always, thank you to everyone for another great week of leaks. This week was stacked with all of the huge leaks (see all of the honorable mentions for proof), so thank you to all the people who were involved with them. This also goes for all of the seller, organizers, and buyers of the RIP Yams Groupbuy. I will not be writing Leaks of the Week next week, but I'm sure my guy @thehatsmol will do a great job. Lastly, be on the look out for all of the blogs coming in the next few weeks. There are a huge variety of interviews, album reviews, and other types of blogs that are on the way. I've had the chance to get a glimpse at some of them, and I'm really proud of how everything is coming along.

Last edited:
Leakify

Comments