Leaks of the Week (July 21st - July 27th)

What was the Leak of the Week?

• Drake x Future - Big Mood

Votes: 73 29.8%
  • Travis Scott - License

Votes: 47 19.2%
  • Offset x Gunna x Lil Uzi Vert - Pink Toes

Votes: 33 13.5%
  • Lil Uzi Vert - Fake From the Jump

Votes: 76 31.0%
  • Future x Young Thug - 20 Hoes

Votes: 9 3.7%
  • Other (comment below)

Votes: 7 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to Leaks of the Week, where we take a look at some of the best songs that have leaked and break them down. Leave a vote for your favorite leak on the poll above.

1. Drake x Future - Big Mood
Leaker: @Tears (via his own groupbuy)
Link: Big Mood
Info: 2017-2019
Notable Bar:
"If we don't have no contact, then we ain't cool
Had to hit up Jimmy, hit up Mike and tell 'em double
Triple, double, Chubbs is hoodied up, I feel like Russell
Baka, he a star, but still around to burst a bubble"

This song is by far the best leak from this week. Drake leaks are rare, and it is almost impossible to top a Drake x Future leak. The original version of this song was teased in 2017 under the name Ratatouille, featuring Quavo instead of Future. I was dissapointed when the song was missing from both Scorpion and Quavo Huncho, so I was glad to see the song resurface with Future on it. While this song has more of a club vibe than What a Time to Be Alive, it shows the direction that a rumored sequel to the mixtape would sound like. This song will get a lot of plays from me, and I hope that the rumored sequel to their mixtape will be released in the future.

2. Travis Scott - Licence
Link: License
Info: 2017
Notable Bar:
"She like to stay up 'til there's no one left in
We go out to the back into the mess, ooh (Wow)
She just told me she forgot her license (Wow)
Back around the corner to the entrance"

License was one of the more interesting leaks that I listened to this past week. This song was produced by Southside, who worked with Travis a lot leading up to Astroworld, but was not featured on the album at all. This song sonically sounds like it would fit right on Astroworld, specifically the ending portion. As far as Travis leaks go, this one sounds completely finished, and I am surprised it was cut from Astroworld.

3. Offset x Gunna x Lil Uzi Vert - Pink Toes
Leaker: @nocap (via groupbuy from @SleepingGiant)
Link: Pink Toes
Info: 2019
Notable Bar:
"Yes I'm talkin' Richard bracelet on my achilles you cannot classify this as a anklet
Sat it right on a anchor, that shit almost sank ship
Dip from my haters, like I'm in the Matrix
I hear echoes, my house, man this shit is too spacious"

This song is quickly becoming one of my favorite leaks from this week. At first, this song was leaked in a quality that almost seemed LQ. Luckily today a higher quality version came out. As a big Offset fan, I can't say that I'm impressed at all by his parts in the song. Considering this song was planned for the Father of 4 Deluxe Edition, I would have expected more from him on this song. However, Gunna and Uzi feel much more at home on this song. Gunna uses beats like this all the time and Uzi's verse is by far my favorite from this week. Uzi flowss perfectly on his verse, and I hope that we get to hear more verses like this from Uzi in the future.

4. Lil Uzi Vert - Fake From The Jump
Leaker: @shyne
Link:
LIL UZI VERT - Fake From The Jump
Info: 2017
Notable Bar:
"Man, I had your girlfriend all in love
Told her that she fucking with a thug
Swept some money right under my rug
Not bout money, please don't say, "What's up?""

Fake From the Jump has a much more relaxed vibe than most of the Uzi we have heard recently. This song was recorded post-LUV is Rage 2 era, which seems like a project it would sound right at home on. While to me this song isn't one of Uzi's better leaks, it is still a great song, and after hearing the snippet so long ago I am glad that this song has finally been leaked.

5. Future x Young Thug - 20 Hoes
Link: 20 Hoes
Info: 2018
Notable Bar:
"I'm a headache to society
Real shit, Kylie Jenner, that's a side piece
Yeah, I got 20 mothafuckin' Kylies
Nigga, I got 20 damn Kylies"

20 Hoes was originally previewed early last year in a Future snapchat, with Drake on the song instead of Thug. While most of the hype around the song was centered around Drake and Future reuniting, the chances of this song coming out became slim when Kanye put Drake on blast for rapping about Kylie while he was still bros with Travis. The song was never talked about again until this week, when it resurfaced with Thug on the song. While this song does not have the same energy that Drake brought in the snippet, it was still enjoyable to listen to. Thug does enough on the song to keep it going, but it feels like the song hasn't reached it full potential yet. Maybe one day...

Honorable Mentions:
2 Chainz ft. Ne-Yo - Not The Same
Isaiah Rashad - Grace
Juice WRLD ft. Lil Yachty - Boomerang
Lil Uzi Vert - Platinum
Mac Miller - The Sun Room (Somewhere In Space)
Nav - What I Do
Lil Nas X ft. Lil Wayne - Old Town Road Remix
Post Malone - Honest
XXXTENTACION - A Nigga Like You (Solo)
Young Thug ft. Post Malone - Me Or Us

Thanks everyone for, once again, a great week of leaks! Special thanks to @Tears for giving an insane groupbuy deal for License, 21 Hoes, Big Mood, and Grace. There isn't much more to say that hasn't already been said in past weeks, other than that there are so many blogs are coming that a queue has formed. A lot of really good interviews, album reviews, and other blogs coming soon.

Last edited:
Leakify

Comments