Leaks of the Week (July 15th - July 20th)

What was the Leak of the Week?

• Kanye West - Alien/Space X

• Kanye West - Bye Bye Baby

• Kanye West - Chakras

• Kanye West - Ultimate Lie

• Kanye West - God Level

• Migos feat. Travis Scott - No Cap

• Tyler, the Creator & A$AP Rocky - Run It

• Childish Gambino feat. Slim Jxmmi - This is America (OG)

• Travis Scott & Kanye West - Piss on Your Grave (OG Demo Pack)

• Other (leave a comment below)

Results are only viewable after voting.
test7.png

Welcome to Leaks of the Week, where we take a look at some of the best songs that have leaked and break them down. Leave a vote for your favorite leak on the poll above.

A quick note before I begin the list. This past week was loaded with Kanye leaks. For the sake of keeping this list from being too Kanye focused, I grouped the Yandhi leaks into one and left the rest off of the top 5 list. To make up for it I expanded the poll with more options. In other words, this is why Ultimate Lie and God Level didn't make the list.

1. Kanye West - Yandhi Leaks (Alien/Space X, Bye Bye Baby, and Chakras)
Leaker: @Red Pints (via groupbuys from @spirdark)
Link:
Alien -
Bye Bye Baby -
Chakras -
Info: Yandhi Sessions (2018/2019)

Alien - Out of all the Yandhi leaks, this is likely the most unfinished one. However, in my opinion it also has the most potential out of all of them. Alien begins with a robotic text-to-speech introduction that was probably going to be rerecorded before release. This is immediately followed by amazing vocals from Ant Clemons. Everything about this song just screams potential to me. The introduction is perfect, the beat is hard hitting, and there's room for Kanye bars. Unfortunately, it sounds like this song has been cut from the album, but the leak leaves us with an amazing glimpse at the vision Kanye has for the album.
Notable Bar:
"ALIEN, MAGIC FLYING UH"

Bye Bye Baby - One of the things that stuck out to me about Bye Bye Baby was that it features NO KANYE MUMBLING, which is extremely rare for a Kanye leak (and somehow, this unfinished song sounds more finished then parts of Ye). Bye Bye Baby's lyrics sound like something that would fit perfectly on Yeezus, with Kanye talking about all the problems he has with racism, fashion, women, and money, all prominent topics on the album.
Notable Bar:
"Yeezys on, Yeezy bomber, wear my own designer
Name good, all my bridges open, go wherever, that's power
She came from the club tryna fuck, bitch, get in the shower
You a kid to me, boy, I prolly fucked your mama"

Chakras - Chakras is undoubtably my favorite leak of this week. I've been constantly listening to it since it leaked, and I believe it is/could be on track to become one of my favorite recent Kanye songs. As opposed to Alien, this sounds like one of the more finished songs on the album, and it was even confirmed by one of the producers that worked on the song that it is still on the work-in-progess Yandhi tracklist. The chorus is beautiful, with Kanye and Ant Clemons singing, "Did you ever think of a dream too big too imagine? Follow your pleasure, one day you'll face the law of attraction, be careful what you ask for. Means I got what I asked for exactly what I asked for" Kanye's verses are slightly mumbled, but everything else in the song is in great condition. The beat is in the song is wild, with both calm and dramatic elements to it, and Kanye humming the melody in the background of the intro and outro brings the track all together.
Notable Bar:
"Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto
We in a game, we in a game
Grand Theft Auto, Grand Theft Auto
We all the same, we all the same
Money ain't real, time ain't real"

2. Migos feat. Travis Scott - No Cap
Leaker: @shyne (via groupbuy)
Link:
Info: Culture 2 Era
Notable Bar:
"Yeah, we the four, fantastic
Diamonds bustin' shades out the glasses
We the first young niggas with the Pateks
I got a million dollar upscale status"

Although No Cap is not much more than another Migos song, that does not mean that it was not a great leak. If anything, this was better than most of Culture 2, and with a finished Travis Scott verse, could have been one of its best. The beat is great and both Quavo and Offset have great parts. I wish that Takeoff would have been on this too, but all in all, this is probably going to be one of my most played non-Kanye leaks from this week.

3. Tyler, the Creator & A$AP Rocky - Run It
Leaker: @shyne
Link:
Info:
Unkown, 2018?
Notable Bar:
"As I'm sippin' on the Voss

Nigga, wear Supreme 'til I die in the Ross
Black James Dean, hope I died in the Porsche
Crib with the mic stand, live from the loft"

I am not the biggest fan of either artists, but this leak deserved a place on this list. Both verses are filled with catchy bars, and the beat is definitely noteworthy. In a deleted tweet, Tyler claims that this song "didn’t get more than 32 minutes" of work, so it is doubtful that this song will ever fully release.

4. Childish Gambino feat. Slim Jxmmi - This is America (OG)
Leaker: @TylerGotGrip
Link:

Info:
Notable Bar:
"Passed me a bean, now I'm trippin' now

Getttin' green, I ain't gon' never go outta style"

This was a leak I was surprised to see this week. In this original version of the popular song, Slim Jxmmi has a verse. Jxmmi's addition to the song is very interesting to hear. Although it doesn't really fit with the vibe of the track as a whole, his verse is almost better than Gambino's, which sounds weird until you listen to the leak. Jimmi's part just gives the track a different energy that changes the song entirely

5. Travis Scott & Kanye West - Piss on Your Grave (OG Demo Pack)
Leaker: @lxns
Link:
Info:
Rodeo Era
Notable Bar:
"(insert original bars with Kanye mumbles)"

This is another leak of a rough version(s) of a song. Piss On Your Grave was originally a Kanye song, which he traded to Travis in return for Travis' version of FML. This pack of demos allows us to get a closer look at the progression of the song, from Kanye demo, to Kanye demo with open verse, to reference tracks for Travis, and finally a demo version with both Kanye and Travis.

Honorable Mentions:
Drake - Faithful (feat. Pimp C & DVSN) (Extended) (CDQ Tagless)
Future - Same Accord (Night Vision 2)
Juice WRLD - Condone it
Juice WRLD - Started From The Bottom

Kanye West - Drug Dealin' (ft. GLC, Keyshia Cole)
Kanye West - God Level
Kanye West - Ultimate Lie
Lil Peep - Spotlight DEMO
Lil Yachty - Respect on my Name (ft. 21 Savage)
Rae Sremmurd - Pineapple Express
Swae Lee - Bounty (Demo)
Swae Lee - Out The Zippa / Official (ft. Skynny Blu3)
Takeoff - Casper/Ghost (feat. Lil Yachty)
Travis Scott - Dis Side (Reference Vocals) (Accapella)
XXXTentacion - Love (Interlude)

Thank you all for another great week of leaks! Shoutout to everyone who was a part of the group buys, ESPECIALLY the coordinators for spending loads of time on them. If you were a part of the group buys or even just enjoyed the leaks, leave some feedback for them on their rep threads, they truly deserve it. Another shoutout to @thehatsmol for filling in last week and doing an amazing job on not only last week's blog, but the hilarious @DrankGOD interview. Last week's blog post officially became the #1 viewed blog post on the site, which is incredible. Lastly, I just wanted to thank everybody that reads every week and supports the blogs. I really want to expand these blogs and make them more interesting to read for people that already knows what has leaked this week, so if anybody has any recommendations on how the Leaks of the Week blogs can be any better I'd appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leakify

Comments

Ferda Culture

Regular
Middleman Required
Verified
Dec 9, 2018
LOLOLOLOLOLOL WHOEVER THOUGHT RUN IT WAS BETTER THEN CONDONE IT GET YOUR EARS CHECKED MY GUY

Leakify

Regular
MVP
Donator
May 20, 2018
LOLOLOLOLOLOL WHOEVER THOUGHT RUN IT WAS BETTER THEN CONDONE IT GET YOUR EARS CHECKED MY GUY
Literally said I wasn't that huge of a fan of Run It. I try to stay as unbiased as I can when making these lists. I go by what users on this site choose to listen to. The best way to see this is looking at how many views each song thread gets. Run It has 12k views in a week, so obviously it's gonna make it over a Juice WRLD song. Juice WRLD songs get leaked every other day on this site.

Ferda Culture

Regular
Middleman Required
Verified
Dec 9, 2018
Literally said I wasn't that huge of a fan of Run It. I try to stay as unbiased as I can when making these lists. I go by what users on this site choose to listen to. The best way to see this is looking at how many views each song thread gets. Run It has 12k views in a week, so obviously it's gonna make it over a Juice WRLD song. Juice WRLD songs get leaked every other day on this site.
Shit gets 5k views top for a juice song but ok