ANNOUNCEMENT Layout Changes

kej

sysadmin/webdev/whatever
kej
Administrator
Middleman
May 14, 2018
Hey guys - we made some layout changes to make the site a little more efficient and have less extraneous sections. Key changes will be listed below - if there is any descriptions or anything that needs to be updated please let us know below.

• Hip-Hop and Other Genres now have discussion sections - these can be used for leak discussion or for discussion of artists or commercial releases or anything else you want really - don't spam the sections with dumb shit.
  • The various hobby forums are gone (fashion, gaming, entertainment, etc) - we encourage you to make megathreads for these topics in the lounge section. There is also now thread prefixes for these topics.
  • Song verification subforum has been moved into the marketplace.
  • Subforums are now visible from the main page on mobile. This is going to move around and be changed a bit more.
  • We made some spacing a little smaller - let us know how it looks.
Speaking generally, we're hoping that users will be happy to use megathreads for some stuff (Young thug discussion, fashion discussion, etc) - allowing things to be a little more efficient and less annoying to deal with clicking around and such. Less sections being unused.

If you have any feedback - post it below. Thanks. Go make some megathreads suckers.

Last edited:

kej

sysadmin/webdev/whatever
kej
Administrator
Middleman
May 14, 2018
I dont really like the sub forums visible on mobile bc it fucks up a bit tbh, that's my only issue about this tho, when will you change this
what phone do you have - need to figure out which resolutions to make it visible on

Reactions: seandc02

kej

sysadmin/webdev/whatever
kej
Administrator
Middleman
May 14, 2018
I dont really like the sub forums visible on mobile bc it fucks up a bit tbh, that's my only issue about this tho, when will you change this
I removed the stats display icons on mobile - how does that look to you?

MadGibbs

Oct 31, 2018
I'm not sure if this is linked to the layout change, but recently I can't connect here unless I use a VPN.

kej

sysadmin/webdev/whatever
kej
Administrator
Middleman
May 14, 2018
My screen reader can't read my alerts and stuff right now.
Which screen reader do you use? I'll take a look and see what's going on but I haven't changed anything relating to that in months ever since I fixed it the last time

May 23, 2018
Michigan
i love you kej, but i despise this new layout, it keeps confusing me when i see a song pop up on the front page that was actually a discussion and not a leak, and the single gaming megathread for example is messy af as 20 different people are talking about 20 different games at the same time, the dedicated threads made the site more organized and less messy

Reactions: W_1