DISCUSSION Apple music altering files

joe_dougy

Sep 4, 2018
So i'm uploading the OG version of Ecstasy by thug but when I upload it to my icloud its changing to the mgk verse version on my mobile. Has anyone else faced this issue and is there a fix?

Reactions: nbabigb

joe_dougy

Sep 4, 2018
It’s not working for this song, seems like this track could be a bit of an anomaly I’ve tried two different downloads of the file and both play as the OG on my desktop but then the mgk version on mobile

Relax

Family
May 20, 2018
It’s not working for this song, seems like this track could be a bit of an anomaly I’ve tried two different downloads of the file and both play as the OG on my desktop but then the mgk version on mobile
add a couple seconds of silence to the end worked for me

negroic

Stan
Jul 17, 2018
okay listen up. this is gonna take some effort, but it’s what you have to do.

first, go on your phone and SIGN OUT of your apple ID. say you want to KEEP your data NOT DELETE.

next, plug your phone directly in to your computer. click on the phone icon, and navigate to music, as if you were going to sync music to your phone the old-school (pre iCloud way)

next, check So Much Fun by young thug to sync. press sync, and make sure the album appears on your phone. most of your music should be gone, the album it should be downloaded.

finally, sign back in to iCloud on your phone, and DO NOT UN-DOWNLOAD the file.

boom you got it.

tabby

Regular
Jun 21, 2019
beautiful Now, Not Yet
okay listen up. this is gonna take some effort, but it’s what you have to do.

first, go on your phone and SIGN OUT of your apple ID. say you want to KEEP your data NOT DELETE.

next, plug your phone directly in to your computer. click on the phone icon, and navigate to music, as if you were going to sync music to your phone the old-school (pre iCloud way)

next, check So Much Fun by young thug to sync. press sync, and make sure the album appears on your phone. most of your music should be gone, the album it should be downloaded.

finally, sign back in to iCloud on your phone, and DO NOT UN-DOWNLOAD the file.

boom you got it.
this this this. another method involves going to Settings > Music > iCloud Music Library > Off

Apr 23, 2019
for me i have it on both laptop and mobile and they say mgk on the song but on mobile its still thugs second verse and no mgk whereas on my laptop its the mgk verse